Atlas Title Company is looking for a bright, energetic Staff Accountant to establish, interpret and analyze accounting records of financial statements.
Staff Accountant Job Responsibilities:
- Prepares and records asset, liability, revenue, and expense entries by compiling and analyzing account information.
- Ensures the integrity of accounting information and daily transactions.
- Maintains and balances accounts through reconciliations and resolving discrepancies on a regular basis.
- Maintains the general ledger of multiple companies.
- Supports month-end and year-end close process.
- Summarizes financial status by collecting information and preparing balance sheet, profit and loss, and other statements.
- Assists in completion of internal and external audits.
- Compliance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
- Assists with preparing reports according to applicable government regulations.
- Protects organization’s value by keeping information confidential.
Staff Accountant Requirements:
- Prior experience in an Accounting position
- In-depth understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- Analyze and interpret financial information
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Maintain confidentiality
- Financial software proficiency
- Ability to work independently
- Knowledge of Title Insurance industry preferred but not mandatory
Education, Experience, and Licensing Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance
- 2+ years’ experience in accounting specific jobs
- Experience with financial reporting requirements
- QuickBooks knowledge preferred
The Staff Accountant is a full-time position with competitive benefits and potential for advancement in an upstart and growing company environment. Interested applicants can apply for the position by emailing Ingrid.Nichols@AtlasTitleCo.com
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.